

Update from the trenches...
As you can see in the pictures above, Waylon is looking much more like a little person these days. In the wee hours of the morning, I had an epiphany. I decided that some higher power made babies so cute because otherwise they have nothing else to offer. I love this little guy so much and spend way too much time just staring at him, but I am also exhausted from the inconsistent schedule and his refusal to fall asleep. Again, I tolerate all of this because he's so darn cute.
Waylon is like his dad and seems to hate to sleep. We have had many late night/early morning feedings where he is just about to go back to sleep and suddenly his little eyes pop open and he looks around like, "where's the party?" A tad frustrating... Any advice from other parents about getting a little party animal to go to sleep would be greatly appreciated. We read "The Baby Whisperer" but haven't been able to implement any of the ideas in that book. We basically do whatever we have to do--using whatever props are at hand--to get Waylon to fall asleep. We are the anti-baby whisperers. All that said, Waylon can be very cute during the day, and I would LOVE to have visitors--always a good excuse to change out of my PJ's!
2 comments:
Anna, you make me laugh out loud on every post! Of course Waylon is a party animal - he's your and Aaron's baby isn't he?
He is so cute! Looking forward to seeing all the pics! A tip with sleep-although they are all different-a swing really worked for Stevie when he was little-while watching baby Einstein. Welcome to the world gift is on order-should arrive soon. Lots of love from all of us! Can't wait for a play date at the park at the Isthmus! love, Brenda and family
Post a Comment