Waylon getting spoiled by Grandma Patty
Aaron and Waylon checking out the view of the snow from the condo
Waylon had his first visit to the snow (and wind, and ice, and more wind...) when we went to Mammoth for Easter weekend to ski and visit my mom (aka Grandma Patty). Great Aunt Tina was also there, and is so happy to be a great aunt that I simply referred to her as "The Great" all weekend. Grandma and the Great were fantastic with Waylon, and taught Aaron and I a few tricks. Unfortunately they quickly trained Waylon to expect to be held and cuddled 24/7. They also babysat so we could go skiing. However, we couldn't ski on Saturday due to the crazy storms (someone forgot to tell Mother Nature its April). However, the storms didn't keep Aaron from going golfing in Bishop with his friend, Steve Edmundson, and Tom, Grandma Patty's husband.
Waylon did well for 95% of the trip. He saved his major freak out session for Saturday night, and I think he really impressed everyone with his lung capacity. Considering all the new people and places we forced on him this weekend I thought his response was understandable. Aaron and I were especially impressed that he put up with the looooooooong car rides, including an 8 hour trip home. Its amazing how much longer the trip becomes with a newborn on board. Waylon handled it much better than his dad and mom, who were melting down while slugging through LA traffic.


No comments:
Post a Comment