Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Such a big boy!




Waylon had his two-month birthday on Sunday, and his pediatrician's appointment on Monday. I knew he was getting bigger, but was shocked that he is now 12 pounds and 23 inches. He is in the 50th percentile for height and weight. He has gained 3 1/2 pounds in the last month, and grown 2 inches. Apparently Waylon does not really need that 2 am feeding. He is also supposed to start doing tummy time four times a day so he can learn to lift his rather dense frame. The pediatrician also recommended having Waylon now sleep in the nursery. The doctor thinks he is ready, but I am not sure if I am ready to have him so far away all night. Last night I had a dream that Waylon suddenly began walking, and I was so upset because he never even crawled. Obviously I am going to be one of those psycho moms that cant let their child grow up.

The big event at Monday's appointment was Waylon's first shots. He received four shots, and although the nurse did them in lightning speed, I was a wreck. I have serious dry eye problems and never cry, but I was crying through the shots. Waylon recovered quickly (I didn't) and was sleepy and fussy all day yesterday. In fact he had his longest sleep session yet last night, but I feel guilty that it was medically induced.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Waylon is growing! You're doing a great job Anna and Aaron - keep it up.

Anna, I'm jealous that you're dreaming. I don't think I ever fall asleep enough to dream. I've got to get this boy sleeping a little better over here!

Anonymous said...

We particularly enjoyed the psycho mom comment -- he is really cute!

By the way, baby Tylenol before the shot can help with his pain and side effects. Valium can help with yours.