



There have not been a lot of blog updates recently because we've been really busy. I have NO idea what I've been doing, but it feels like we've been crazed. In Waylon's world, the major thing going on is a growth spurt. Starting last Wednesday or Thursday he started eating like a man posessed. Seriously, this kid was pigging out! When he couldn't eat immediately or didn't get as much as he wanted he started freaking out (see top picture). Luckily, that ended on Sunday and now he is in a pretty good mood MOST of the time.
I am afraid to jinx anything, but it really is starting to feel like we are figuring each other out. Aaron and I have come to expect Waylon's freak out time every evening from about 6:30 until his bath at 8:30. Thanks to the advice of MANY of you, we started swaddling him every night to go to sleep, and once he got used to it we think it helps. Of course, his sleeping is still totally erratic. Some nights we get 2 1/2 hour stretches of sleep, but last night we got a record 6 hours of sleep (I dont expect that again any time soon). Of course, Waylon is quite a little personality and even when he sleeps he makes his presence known with LOTS of grunts and sometimes even crying. While he is blissfully sleeping through all of that, his mom is bug eyed, staring at him trying to decipher whether he is asleep. Thus, I dont get what you would call a real restful sleep these days.
The light at the end of the tunnel is Waylon's three month birthday. Most of my new parent friends have promised us that at three months he will magically get on a schedule and everything will get a lot easier. I hope y'all know that I am holding you to that promise. If Waylon is not a perfect angel by three months, I will be calling everyone during his middle of the night feedings to "thank you" for your advice. Kidding!
No comments:
Post a Comment