Thursday, April 20, 2006

Mr. Inquisitive






Waylon was 8 weeks old yesterday (4/20), and suddenly a light switched seemed to be turned on. Previously he never seemed to enjoy his time on the Baby Einstein mat, and easily got frustrated with tummy time. However, yesterday I set him on the mat and he was totally engaged with all of the hanging toys, especially the star in the middle. He was totally entertained and happy--kicking and batting his arms wildly. It was adorable, and I couldn't believe that after several minutes he didn't get fussy. I then put him on the tummy time mat, and again he seemed to be having fun and was checking everything out. He did get fussy after a minute or two--but it was a big improvement from before. Yesterday's discoveries must have worn him out because he has been napping for huge chunks of time all day.

2 comments:

lmg said...

I had the same mat for my girls. They loved the star too. So cute! -Lori

Jenn said...

That mat saves my life! I'm so glad Waylon is enjoying it! He looks so cute; I can see the light switched on. He looks like he's concentrating and trying to figure everything out.

So I have a question about the weeks/months thing. Do we count their weeks on their respective Thursdays & Fridays, but say their 2 months old on their actual birthday (23rd & 24th)? And I thought counting weeks and months during pregnancy was confusing...boy it just continues!