Friday, March 31, 2006

Honoring Grandpa Fred



Friday (3/31) was Grandpa Fred's birthday, who is also Waylon's namesake (Waylon Frederick Davis). In Grandpa Fred's honor, Waylon donned his Harley Davidson booties. Unfotunately, we didn't have any white birkenstocks or fishnet tanktops to finish off the official Grandpa Fred look.

Obviously, I miss my dad very much and wish he were here to meet Waylon, but it is also comforting to see so much of him in Waylon. Unfortunately, Waylon got his grandpa's large head, but he also seems to have his grandpa's incredible strength. Since it looks like Waylon got his Daddy's long legs, only time will tell if Waylon will turn out to be the sports star that my dad always hoped I'd "breed" with some nice long-legged man.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love the Harley Davidson booties! I see a lot of your dad in Waylon too. I'm sure Waylon is going to be a fantastic sports star just like he was. (I'm picturing that b&w photo of your dad in his football uniform charging toward the camera.)