Sunday, October 07, 2007

Visiting Washington for My Birthday

My mom and her husband Tom bought property in Washington State right along the Pender Orielle River. They have been trying to get us up there since last summer so we decided my birthday weekend, September 20-23, would be a great time to visit. We were wrong. Although my birthday is usually warm and sunny in Southern California, it was pretty darn cold when you are just 30 miles South of Canada. The area is beautiful, and you definitely "get away from it all" when you visit. Waylon enjoyed running around the property and playing on the riding mower and boat. Too bad it wasn't a little warmer to enjoy their great location on the water.

Unfortunately, I didn't get as many pictures as I would've liked. To see more, check out my mom's blog. However, since I am WAY behind on my blog updates, you'll have to scroll quite aways down to see the pictures from our trip. I also dont have any photos of the biggest part of the adventure--when I flew alone with Waylon from Orange County to Seattle. Thank goodness for the portable DVD player I bought for the trip--worth every penny!!!! We met Aaron for the flight to Spokane then a 2 hour drive North East. Waylon was a trooper through the whole thing. Of course, he was doped up on benadryl, but I was still proud of our little guy.

The boys check out the infamous riding mower.
The gorgeous view from their property.
Waylon's pack n play was set up next to the trailer's dining room window. He soon figured it out, and if you expand this picture you can see him peeking out the blinds during nap time. By the time he was through, their blinds were totally destroyed. Sorry mom!!!!
I think shooting the BB gun was the hilight of the trip for Aaron. He showed off his Eagle Scout skills by shooting the s#$% out cans, water jugs, and the dirt. Dont worry, we only did this while Waylon was asleep.
I think the NRA should use this picture for their advertisements to recruit pregnant women. My friends at the ACLU would be so proud! This was my first time ever holding a gun, and I'm not going to lie to you, I was awful. I guess I am relieved that I didn't learn that shooting was my calling in life.
Tom showed off some of his sharp-shooter tricks.
Grandma Patty, Waylon, and I pose before our drive to the Spokane airport, which culminated with Waylon puking all over everything. There is nothing like taking 2 plane trips reeking of vomit.
The family photo.

My mom and Tom.

1 comment:

mcmorrow07 said...

The blinds were fixed and doing great. It was such fun to see Waylon peeking out.