We had fun in Mammoth with Nana and Tom. Aaron and I decided not to ski this year, which took off a lot of pressure and allowed us to focus on snowtime fun. Waylon loved the snow. Avalon thought she loved the snow...until she touched it. Each time she went outside and fell over she inevitably touched the snow and screamed, "tooooo coooooold!!!!!" and had to immediately go back inside. It was tough because it was cold and snowy most of the trip, and on Monday morning we had to race out of town after digging out the car. It was an unexpectedly huge snow storm in April! The ride home was much longer, including car sickness on a very narrow, windy stretch of highway. However, the trip was a great success, and next year we may attempt to ski!


















I accidentally posted in reverse-chronological order. Here is our only photo of Easter. The downside to this trip was that I was unable to download about 1/2 my photos, including the easter egg hunt pics. Unfortunately, this was the only decent photo that Nana took. Needless to say, the Easter bunny figured out where the kids were--much to Waylon's relief. The egg hunt was fun. In fact it was so fun, we re-hid the plastic eggs several times!
Although Aaron and I didn't ski, Waylon gave it a try...in Aaron's boots and skis. Here they are in the condo common area. Can you guess why Aaron had a sore back for a week? The next day we went up to Warming Hut II and Aaron rented Waylon skis and boots for 1/2 day. Of course, those photos didn't download (can you tell I am ready to cry?), but the memories were fun for dad and Waylon. No chair lift--Aaron just pulled Waylon around the flat area at the Mountain for a 1/2 hour and then they headed home.
We made a few attempts to enjoy the playground despite all of the snow. Of course, Avalon would rip off her mittens and soon thereafter would fall down and tantrum about the cold snow.

Avalon loves swings. I mean it. She LOVES, LOVES, LOVES swings, and did not care if Nana and Mommy were freezing. She insisted that we push her "higher! higher!"

Waylon was a sport trying to play at the park, but soon got bored since 1/2 the equipment was buried under the snow. Did I mention that Mammoth needs to get more indoor kid activities?

Daddy enjoyed sledding in the backyard.
Snowball fight!!!
Waylon LOVED the sled!!! He spent a lot of time in the yard, and even played with some kids staying with their grandparents. This was a big change from 2 years ago when he was petrified to try the sleds.
Did I mention that Aaron had back problems after this trip?

Loving the snow!
We enjoyed the gondola that takes you from town up to the slopes, which is totally free, warm, and very kid friendly! We called it the Tinkerbell ride, and Avalon asked for it several times a day.
Another hit was the town shuttle. The kids could not believe they were allowed to travel around without car seats.
JOY! Waylon loved riding the shuttle--almost as much as Avalon loved the Tinkerbell ride.

Chilling on a hill of snow.

My snow bunny babies.
Avalon got a turn getting pulled around on the sled. Poor daddy!
Our favorite...breakfast at the Stove restaurant.

Avalon and Nana bonded over a yummy Stove breakfast.
Can you believe all of the snow??? No wonder I stay near the beach. I am such a wimp!
No comments:
Post a Comment