Friday, April 09, 2010

UCSB Reunion at Casa Davis

At the end of March we were very excited to host an informal reunion for many of my college friends. A visit from the LaBrie-Jose family from NYC inspired visitors from Texas and No. Cal. We had a great day with beautiful weather. Waylon and Avalon had a blast playing with Sylvie and Lorenzo Jose, and baby Hayven showed off her crawling moves. Of course the hit of the day was Mack, who was the four-legged party attraction. The adults had fun catching up while the kids were occupied with water games and playing with Mack. Definitely a great day. Thanks to everyone for making the trek to the 'burbs--especially to all of our long distance travelers!

Avalon and Waylon convinced daddy to bring out the water toys before everyone arrived.
Our little bikini babe.
Avalon gets to know Baby Hayven. She was such a cutie, and such a good girl! My kids were never that well behaved.
Sylvie LOVED the slip-n-slide. I am assuming she does not get a lot of chances to do this in Brooklyn, so we were happy to provide the opportunity. Waylon loved following her around. Apparently he has a thing for older women.
Lorenzo (and Tina) watched Sylvie. He eventually warmed up to the water play.
Tushy (who rallied from SF!) and Suz
The kids embraced water day. This made life for the parents much easier.

Tina, Jo (also from SF!), Suz, and Sylvie
Avalon seemed to remember Jo from her last visit.
Sid and Aaron (and Jonathan--not pictured) tolerated all of the girl talk with good humor.
Denise and I
I LOVE this photo. I cannot believe everyone was looking at the camera at the same time. I also love that Waylon reminds me of photos of my dad as a child.
It was such a good day, and I am so grateful that Kathy captured the good memories with this photo. (rear: JJ, Hayven, Aaron, Me, Denise, Sid, Amy, & Kathy; front: Suz, Jen, Lorenzo, Tina, Jo, Avalon, Sylvie, & Waylon)
The kids enjoyed our other play area--the new boat.
Jo, Hayven, Suz, Kathy, and Jen (from TX!)

No comments: