Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sunday in the Burbs

I wouldn't say that life in a planned community with a 7.5 month old is exciting, but its surprisinly fun for us. We started today (Sunday 10/15) with a hearty breakfast from IHOP followed by a trip to Wal Mart for a new toy. We get so bored with Waylon's toys that Aaron and I get totally excited to get new stuff. I'm telling ya, I blinked and we are total suburbanites. Anyway, we spent the rest of the day playing with Waylon and watching him scootch forward. I am hoping to get some good photos of the scootching for a new post tomorrow (something exciting to look forward to!).

It is pretty funny that Aaron is constantly giving me "tips" on parenting such as how many toys are too many to have in Waylon's crib, or reminding me to keep dangerous items out of Waylon's reach. As you can see, Aaron was really showing off his parenting skills today while he was "watching" over Waylon. Maybe Aaron is trying to teach Waylon to nap better by example.
Another weekend, another new toy. Waylon had so much fun yesterday playing with new toys at all the different houses we visited, we just had to buy him more stuff to play with at home.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I love the new toys. I've been wanting one of those stand up tables for Holden. Is Waylon loving it?

Anonymous said...

Why do the husbands think we need reminding of the oblivious? I love that photo of Aaron sleeping on the job.

Anonymous said...

Why do the husbands think we need reminding of the obvious? I love that photo of Aaron sleeping on the job.