Saturday, October 07, 2006

All Sorts of Updates

Now that I am back at work its harder to do blog entries on each and every milestone that Waylon has, so here are a bunch of pictures and updates...

Waylon is getting bigger every day, and has started to get much more grown up with his playing. He can now sit up well and really focuses on his toys when he's playing.
This smiling face is a FAR cry from the Waylon that we saw for several days this week. He was super fussy and inconsolable beginning on Tuesday. However, he woke up this morning (Saturday 10/7) in a MUCH better mood--low and behold one of his top teeth had come through. Thank goodness our smiling little guy is back (and his smile will soon have even more teeth).
I broke down and bought a high chair for Waylon today. I was trying to avoid having another piece of baby gear in the house--but I have to admit its a lot easier to feed him in this contraption. You can also see Waylon's favorite toys in this picture...baking utensils!
Waylon is getting closer to crawling. However, this picture makes him look more advanced than he actually is. He only has gotten up on his knees a few times and usually falls immeditely on his face. I got this picture during the second or two before he fell.
Waylon loves banging things so Aaron thought a toy piano would be a good way to channel that energy (I know, I know--we will likely regret this purchase later). I also included this photo to show off Waylon's outfit that Aaron put together all by himself. Its really amazing that Aaron can do such a great job dressing our son, but he is so fashion impaired with his own outfits. Waylon was inspired by the new movie The Guardian, which is all about the Coast Guard. He decided to dress up like a Coastie himself. (Thanks to our favorite Coastie, Sid, for the adorable ensemble).

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Waylon is so darn cute in all his little outfits. Aaron did a great job dressing him. I LOVE the coast guard sweats!

What toy is Waylon sitting in front of? It looks fun!