Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Four and a Half Months

I haven't been updating for awhile because it takes so darn long to download pictures and I dont have a lot of time that Waylon isn't crying, eating, or being entertained. His sleeping has improved, but still isn't great. I have had to sleep on the floor of the nursery at least part of the night for 3 of the last 4 nights--not fun. Ever since the cry it out debacle, I haven't had the heart (nor the stomach) to do that again. So we trudge on...

Waylon is continuing to "evolve" as Aaron calls it. He started getting very advanced using his feet on one of his toys, then this weekend he started grabbing his feet, which makes baths and diaper changes a lot harder. He also had his first dip in the Talega pool, and was pretty indifferent to the whole experience. it was one of those ridiculous first time parent moments when we showed up with 2 bags of gear and an inflatable crab for Waylon to spend 5 minutes staring at us while we jumped around and took pictures. Oh well, they were cute photos. Of course, you knew that a week cant go by without more baby gear, and this weeks addition was the back pack. Aaron loves it, and we now take family walks each evening when Waylon gets fussy and he is totally distracted.

Waylon found his feet!
Aaron and Waylon enjoyed the 5 minutes in the pool with our neighbors, Mike and Beth. We think Beth gave Waylon a complex about his incredibly pale skin. I think we'll wait until next year to start working on the tan.
The whole family enjoys the crab, and mom cant believe she allowed herself to be photographed in a bathing suit--gotta love the ultra-suck-it-in suits from the "mature woman" section!
Waylon enjoys his new vantage point

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I LOVE the crab raft! Getting these little ones in the water is a lot of work, huh? Holden's first pool experience sounds like Waylon's.

Anonymous said...

Do I remember these days.
Ed would take Aaron for long walks off Ave 42 in Highland Park. We had rolled up blankets stuffed all around him. Looks like Waylon loves the vantage point as much as Aaron did. Thank you for giveing me a chance to remember the tiny Aaron days,