Monday, June 19, 2006

Our big, big, BIG trip

Over the past week Aaron and I had quite an initiation into parenthood—taking a 3.5 month old on a cross-country plane trip plus an interstate drive. It was a lot of fun to see everyone, but definitely hard traveling with a baby. Adding a 15 pound human to our “crew” meant bringing an extra 3 suitcases, 2 carry-ons, a stroller, and a car seat. I wish I were kidding. We were that family that you see in the airport and pray you are sitting nowhere near on the plane. I wont go into all the details, but lets just say a 3.5 month old baby does not enjoy sitting and staring at the back of a seat for 5 hours.

Our first stop was New Jersey to see my relatives, and help celebrate Auntie Ann’s 60th birthday. Waylon loved meeting Ann, Sheldon, Max, and Somer. On Monday Aaron traveled to D.C. for business and Auntie Ann and I took Waylon into New York City for 2 days. Waylon and I had a big adventure in Central Park, which is code for getting lost. I always love NYC, but it took me awhile to relax with Waylon in the city. The highlight of the visit was Waylon and I getting on the 5’oclock news. We also had a visit with Tina Labrie, but I totally spaced & forgot to take pictures.

Aaron returned from D.C. on Wednesday so we continued our journey Thursday morning with a fun little drive to Pittsburgh to visit Aaron’s relatives. Again, the details aren’t important, but traveling with a baby is always an adventure. We had a wonderful family BBQ with the whole Pittsburgh gang on Thursday. On Friday we spent the day with great aunts Evelyn & Sarah, and then had a wonderful visit with great great aunt Bini. Pittsburgh was also beautiful this time of year, and Waylon LOVED all the big trees that would distract him during his witching hour.
Auntie Ann, Anna & Waylon at Ann's 60th Birthday party
Waylon plays with his second-cousins, Somer & Max
Waylon and Auntie Ann both cruised the Upper West Side on their respective wheeled devices
Playing with great Auntie Ann
This was the picture to prove that Waylon was in NYC, but instead it looks like he's been abandoned on the street. I am waiting for social services to call about this one.
Waylon and daddy try to go to their happy place during our 6+ hour drive to Pennsylvania
Waylon enjoys the trees with the Talbot family
Waylon and daddy hang out with second-cousin, John
Family BBQ: Hanna, Demi, Sarah, Evelyn, Bini, Waylon, Anna & Aaron
Waylon meets the greatest of the greats--his great, great aunt Bini

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Waylon is only 3.5 months old and he's already visited New York! What a lucky kid (he must have great parents)!!!

We missed you while you were gone and hope to see you soon.