Having Waylon participate in organized sports has been a major "my baby is growing up" moment. Although at this age its more like "chaos" sports, its still a big milestone. Aaron was a coach, which meant herding cats for 30 minutes, then "coaching" a 4-on-4 "game" for the final 15 minutes. It was all very cute, and I got choked up every time I saw Waylon on the field. He was no a superstar, but at least he listened a little, and had a lot of fun!

Avalon was a cheerleader for Team Red Dragons! She cannot wait until she can play.
Stretching to warm up. Notice Aaron and Jonathan (Ryan's dad) leading the serious stretching.
Coach Jonathan leads Waylon's group in a warm-up run.
Totally herding cats...

Waylon and BFF Ryan

Max and Waylon. Last year there were only 6 boys in the Jungle Room at preschool. It was fun to have almost all of the boys reunite for soccer each Saturday.
The elite coaching staff.
Time to do some drills. Waylonn is eager to volunteer.
Waylon looks very focused during this drill, but I think he forgot to follow a ball.
Waylon and his other BFF, Jonathan.
Serious defense. I am no soccer expert, but when 3 out of 4 are guarding the goal, you may have some problems.

Avalon was a trooper...sort of. While Aaron herded cats on the field, I chased around one little stinker off the field. After about 2 minutes she would beg to go to the playground.
Post-game fun. Now there are 4 in the goal, including a little brother.

I had to include this awesome photo from Waylon's last game. SCORE! I wont bore everyone will ALL of the photos I took throughout the season. They are very cute, but also repetitive.
No comments:
Post a Comment