FINALLY! My favorite day of the year. Why does it only happen once a year? Alas, we made the most of the entire weekend, and Halloween night was a blast. The kids really "got" trick-or-treating although Avalon was too small to keep up with the big kids. She made it to about every-other house, and asked to go home several times. When I said that Waylon was going to keep going, she decided that she needed to trudge ahead. We went T-or-T'ing with Abby and Will, which made it extra special. We all headed over to the "other" side of the neighborhood. One word...INSANE! Reminded me of the crowded neighborhoods I remember as a kid. Sooo fun!
Will, Abby, Avalon, and Waylon prepare for the best night of the year.

Avalon changed "Trick or treat, smell my feet" into "thank you! Smell my underwear." We thought it was hilarious. I don't know that everyone hearing her agreed.

Buzz and the Captain, ready to hit the town! I was sad that I did not handmake their costumes this year, but I had no idea how to make a Buzz costume, and I was afraid that they would not have been ready until Christmas.

Grandma and Grandpa enjoyed the festivities almost as much as the kids. Grandma hung back to hand out candy so that Aaron and I could both go with the kids to Trick-or-Treat.

That mommy is such a witch!
A quick photo break to regroup and strategize the next candy attack.

Trying hard to hang with the big kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment