Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend in Santa Barbara

Aaron had to go to Santa Barbara for a conference on May 5 so we decided to take the whole family to SB for a quick weekend. Brandi and Josh were kind enough to let us invade--including our crazy toddler. You learn a lot of things on trips like this, and our main lesson was that there is no such thing as a quick and easy trip anywhere with two kids. We love Santa Barbara and Josh and Brandi are the best hosts ever, but traveling with Waylon and Avalon is not exactly relaxing. Despite everyones efforts to "toddler proof" the house, Waylon always finds a way through our defenses andgets into everything. This was no exception. On the bright side, we had a wonderful visit with Uncle Dick and Aunt Kathy on Friday. I am sorry to report that I dont have any photos, but Waylon was having a ball playing with his great uncle Dick at the park across from the house. Not surprisingly, Kathy was a natural with Avalon, and I always appreciate having an extra set of hands to help me with the kiddos. It was especially fun to enjoy a relaxed lunch at an Indian restaurant on State Street. Of course, Aaron had Waylon so we only had to keep Avalon entertained, which Dick did while Kathy and I ate and relaxed. On Saturday Brandi and Josh had a barbeque with lots of friends, and Waylon thought he was in heaven playing in their backyard with all of Josh's "toys." Definitely a memorable weekend!

Brandi helped chase Waylon around the fanciest park I've ever seen. Waylon loves playing peek a boo, but needed Brandi's help to see over the railings.
Brandi rested with Avalon while I took my turn chasing Waylon.
Waylon and the Whale. I'm telling you, it was a really cool park!
Waylon (barely) managed to not destroy Josh's kayak and paddle. We also learned that he can sing "row row row your boat." Who knew?!

As usual, Waylon went straight for the baseball bat, and showed off his skills.

No comments: