Monday, May 08, 2006

Ten Week Update


Waylon was 10 weeks old last Thursday (5/4). I keep trying to find new and adorable ways to pose him, but as you can see there isn't much you can do when you are dealing with a little being that doesn't sit, stand, and can barely hold his head up. Aside from the repetitive poses, he is doing really well and I cant believe how much fun I am having being a mom. There were times during the first 6 weeks where I felt more than a little nuts and totally incapable of taking care of this little guy, but now we are doing well.

Aaron will probably kill me for posting this because whenever anything is going well with Waylon he says, "Anna, you dont talk about a no hitter" for fear that whatever is going well will be jinxed. I am crossing my fingers not to get jinxed, but for the past 2 weeks, Waylon has been sleeping through the night. It all started when he got his two-month vaccinations. He was very tired and slept through the night that night, but I figured it was a one-night deal. However, two weeks later he has kept it up and I couldn't be happier. I have heard of 2 other babies that began sleeping through the night after their vaccinations so this apparently isn't a total fluke. I am well aware that he could change any day, but for now I am LOVING the sleep, and happily put up with his evening freak outs since I am now functioning on much more sleep. Of course, in the past few days Waylon has been drooling A LOT--a sign of teething. So I am sure we have many sleepless nights ahead as his pearly whites come in.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

You can definitly tell he's grown in the picture of him on the chair. I remember one from him around 6 weeks on it. He is adorable!