



Waylon was three-months-old on Tuesday (5/23), but we didn't get the fireworks and parade that we expected. Everyone keeps talking about how great it is when babies turn three-months, and everything is supposed to magically fall into place. Instead, Waylon spent the evening in one of his best freak-out times to date. Actually, I have NOTHING to complain about. He has been sleeping great at night, and since we got the Miracle Blanket (yes, that is the actual name) he hardly ever wakes up at night. The only "issues" we have are the lack of a napping schedule, and Waylon's continued "witching hour" before bed. I think my crazy schedule (see post below) is to blame for the lack of a good nap schedule, and Waylon's freak outs have reduced in length. So we are doing well here, but I have to admit to being disappointed that everything wasn't all roses and sunshine on his three-month birthday.
As you can see , Waylon is stretching out these days--he no longer curls up all the time like he's still in the womb. Aaron likes to have Waylon dance and calls him Mr. Bojangles, which you can see in the bottom picture. Apparently Waylon has grown a lot because everyone in my various classes keeps commenting on his size. Aaron and I can tell that his head and belly are continuing to grow--but as for stats on the rest of his growth, we have to wait until the next pediatrician appointment in June.
1 comment:
I do have to say, life is a little easier now at 3 months than it was say 6 weeks ago. But, having said that, no magic has really happened here either. My baby is still not sleeping through the night(well, by my definition anyway!) and the baby weight has not magically fallen off my body. Let's check back at month 4....maybe the magic will happen IN the third month! heehee
Post a Comment