Lindsay & Elliot Hollingsworth looking very natural with Waylon
Barbara Bice knows that the way to Waylon's heart is through his stomach
Scott Bice showing off his natural skills with babiesOn the way to Koreatown on Mother's Day (I'll explain more below) we stopped in Pasadena to introduce Waylon to some more friends. First Waylon met Scott and Barbara Bice, who were there for one of our first dates so it was fun to introduce them to the human we've created. After a nice visit with the Bices we met up with Lindsay & Elliot Hollingsworth. Elliot was great with Waylon and seemed to be on the same wave length with the little guy. Once again Lindsay inspired me with her culinary skills, and for a brief moment I contemplated learning to really cook (dont get excited, Aaron, that thought has now passed).
As for Koreatown...thanks to our wonderful beagles, both of our couches are totally destroyed and constantly covered in dog hair. Rather than train two ancient dogs to stay off the furniture, which for the record is harder than figuring out how to calm Waylon down during a major spazz out, we decided to get new couches. Since we didn't want to invest in nice couches that would soon be "beaglefied" we headed to Koreatown. Lets just say that my Mother's Day was spent dodging in and out of seedy furniture shops, hoping that Waylon would not freak out from the heat and smells. It was all worth it when we found a great deal on a couch and bedroom furniture (fingers crossed the stuff actually gets delivered). For the record, I was an awesome negotiator and the poor guy that owns the shop "will not make any profit at all."
2 comments:
I remember the Bice's from your engagement party! I bet they LOVED seeing Waylon.
Furniture shopping sounds like the ultimate Mother's Day! Hmmm... I'm going to keep that in mind next year. Daddy can't say, "No Way!" on MY day! Good Thinking!
Post a Comment