Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Keeping Busy

Aaron joins in the fun at Music Together. Waylon doesn't look like he's feeling the music.
Its a Music Together sing-a-long!
Waylon and I during tummy time at Gymboree--This is the only time he likes T.T.
Waylon is starting to check out all the other kids at Gymboree... sort of
I am trying desperately to get into shape with Baby Boot Camp 3x a week
.
.
When I imagined my maternity leave, I pictured lots of time on my hands while my angelic baby took numerous naps and I busied myself keeping a clean home, cooking, and organizing photo albums. I was sure that I would take to my roll as Molly Homemaker like a duck to water. While it is probably not a shock to those that know me, it really surprised me that I was totally incapable of sitting around the house--even though that used to be my favorite weekend activity.
When Waylon was about 4 weeks old I freaked out and started looking for ways to get out and meet other moms. Fast forward a few weeks, and Waylon and I are extremely busy all week long. We are currently participating in Music Together, Yoga for new moms, Gymboree, Baby Boot Camp, and 2 different play groups. If you factor in a nursing session every 3 hours, we are extremely busy all day. We were so busy that I had to stop going to one of my weekly activities. Although I am feeling over-extended, I have met TONS of other moms, and am trying valiantly to get back into shape in the process. Its amazing how quickly you can bond with people when you have a baby and start swapping stories about labor/delivery, nursing, diapers, drool...you name it we're talking about it. Although I am enjoying the new friends we are making---We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE visits from those we knew in our pre-baby life.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That's so funny to see you post this. I just took a picture of Holden at Gymboree yesterday too. He loves tummy time with the mirror as well. Thank goodness for mom and baby activities. Do you remember when we were scared to leave the house with them?