Saturday, December 10, 2011

Halloween 2011

Both kids opted for the Star Wars theme this year--Waylon as Captain Rex from the "new" Clone Wars movies, and Avalon went traditional as Princess Leia.  Try as I might, Waylon refused to be Luke Skywalker, denying me my dream of the perfect family costume extravaganza.  Actually, Waylon announced he was going to be Captain Rex on Nov. 1st last year and never wavered.  Avalon changed her mind several times each day--starting in about June.  I finally had to mark a date on the calendar and tell her that she had to choose on that date.  Worked like a charm, and after a little "suggesting" she was the most powerful princess of them all!

Pre-Halloween Fun
Dressed up to go to a halloween party or Waylon's school halloween carnival.  All of the activities are sort of a blur at this point.
 I love that this Princess costume calls for a blaster rather than a tiara.


 Hero worship.
 For all of those people that wonder if my (seated) kids are twins, this photo should make it clear that Waylon is literally twice her size.

Brick or Treat
 I thought we should make the most of our Legoland passes and go for the after hours trick or treating the weekend before Halloween.  Waylon didn't want to go so Avalon and I drove the 30 minutes down to Carlsbad to learn that I was wrong about the time, and the park was closing.  Oops!  We walked around and snapped a few photos in her secondary princess costume--Snow White.  As a consolation prize, I took her for her favorite dinner--Mac n Cheese!



Halloween Night--the BIG Night!
We spent the evening with the Gratteaus, which was a blast.  Waylon worships Will, and Avalon worships Abby so its cute to watch them run around after their heroes.  We all started the evening with a neighborhood party, and then were off and running for trick or treating.  Avalon made it part way, and then went back to the house with Grandpa.  I think Waylon could have kept going all night!

 Avalon with Rapunzel--I mean Abby.
 Will and Waylon
 The whole gang!
 Avalon was excited to see two rock star pirates (and closest neighbors), Rachel and Chloe.



Inspecting the loot.

No comments: