Saturday, December 13, 2008

Bubba and Sissy

I have been pleasantly surprised to see Waylon and Avalon become buddies over the past few weeks. They are fascinated by each other, and I am thrilled by how loving and tolerant Waylon is of his baby sister, who he has started calling "Sissy." He constantly wants to hug her and kiss her, and is always telling her that he loves her. Dont get me wrong, they have issues when she wants to play with one of his toys, or he wants to steal something she is playing with. When we tell Waylon that he needs to share with baby sister, he will say, "she doesn't want to play with (whatever the "fun" toy is), she wants to play with (insert boring toy here)."

Bubba had fun pushing Sissy around in the push-cart on November 2.
He loves to try and feed Avalon, although it only holds his interest for a few minutes, and then he is off to play again.
Showing baby sister how to open wide for the spoon.
We got the kids a new play-kitchen in early November, which they both love but has required both of them to practice sharing, which they have not quite mastered.

I think I've figured out the trick to a toddler/infant photo shoot--have the TV on behind you!
Waylon loves to hug Avalon, but she is not always so excited about his affection.

Cheese!

No comments: