Saturday, November 01, 2008

The Big, Big, Big Camping Trip

When you live with a 2.5 year-old, life is all about negotation. During one of many negotation sessions (I believe about taking a nap), Aaron told Waylon that if he did X, they would sleep together in a tent on another day. I think Aaron was inspired by one of Waylon's kids story for this idea. On Sunday, October 19 my boys headed out doors. I should also mention that this was the maiden voyage for our tent, which we got as a wedding gift! Anyway, after a little wrestling and a lot of Waylon excitement, Aaron completed the tent. I thought they would be out there all night--or at least a few hours, but Waylon quickly got bored and was inside in time for a bath and bedtime in his crib.

My Eagle Scout is very proud after getting the tent up.
The best part of the whole evening was when Waylon (in his "camping" jacket) decided Louise absolutely had to come in the tent. Watching the battle of wills between a toddler and a beagle is nothing short of awesome. Aaron and I were dying laughing while Waylon "convinced" Louise to join him in the tent. You can see his idea of "convincing" in the photo above.
Aaron, Louise, and Waylon love camping.

Waylon adores Louise. I wish I could say that the feeling was mutual. I must give Louise props for her incredible levels of tolerance.

No comments: