Words cannot express how happy I am that Barack Obama will be our next President. This is the first time in my life I have been truly inspired by a political figure. He has given me great hope for our future. I know this is not a political blog (or that's what my husband keeps telling me), but I had to get that out of the way before I mentioned a cute election-day anecdote from Waylon....
Waylon is obsessed with himself and insists on hearing "Waylon stories" every night at bedtime. He requests stories such as "Waylon the truck driver" or "Waylon the cow." I try to make the stories about public service and good manners. For example, I'll tell him about the truck driver that delivered gifts to under privileged children or the cow that gave up his place under the shady tree to an older, sick cow. I have also been sneaking in a lot of Barack Obama references during Waylon stories. He loves the sound of the name and has fun saying "Barack Obama."
I know its bad, but I have been indoctrinating Waylon to my beliefs and today I told him it was election day, and asked if he knew who would be the next President of the United States. He immediately responded "of America? (pause) Barack Obama." Now I know he has no idea what any of this means, but it makes mommy happy. I fully realized how much he didnt understand when he said, "Who is in Barack Obama's belly?" After a few moments I realized that he thought Barack was pregnant rather than the president. Too funny. I had no idea how the heck to explain what it means to be President. So I just told him that Barack Obama would help make the United States of America a better place. I hope I'm right!
1 comment:
Oh Anna... I too have the EXACT same feelings as you do about our new President! Also, you just gave me some great new ideas about good bed time stories. My latest story has been about the red people and the blue people who disagree a lot but they had to find a way to find one person to be the leader. Sound familiar??
xo, Lori
Post a Comment