We finally started feeding Avalon solid foods once she turned six months. As I feared, it takes A LOT of time, and she really doesn't like it. She seems to like peas the best and carrots the least. She also eats green beans, sweet potato, and now avocado. We usually mix the veggies with oatmeal for a delicious (and appetizing?) treat. However, she is definitely getting most of her nutrition from milk since she is still feeding five times per day. She mixes it up with three naps per day. That leaves very little time to get out of the house between feedings and naps. I really love the baby stage, but I do hate the feeling of being trapped in your own home. I am such a control freak that I work really hard to get my kids on schedules, but then I become a prisoner to my own schedule. (Sounds like the storyline to a fable). Anyway, Avalon and I spend a lot of time on the weekends chilling at home while Aaron and Waylon get out and about. I know this time flies by so I am trying to appreciate all of the wonderful things about babyhood, and just accept the not-so-fun stuff.
Among the "not so fun" stuff has been a horrible battle with thrush. Luckily Avalon is asymptomatic, but she likely has it and has been giving it to me, which made nursing horrific for about a week. We have been treating it for over a month and hopefully it is almost gone. Definitely not fun for baby and mommy.
Unlike Waylon at this age, Avalon is a real "talker." She babbles constantly and often screeches, which sounds just like a teradactyl and drives me mental. I think she knows it drives me crazy because her loudest screeches are always followed by laughs. She laughs a lot and is just a complete and total joy. If you haven't seen her, or haven't seen her in awhile, its worth the visit. Plus, you get the added bonus of seeing Hurricane Waylon in person.
Opa Fred would love his little Harley Davidson grandaughter (expand the photo to see what I'm talking about).


No comments:
Post a Comment