Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Twenty-Three Months

I cant believe that Waylon is almost two years old. What happened to my baby? He is the funniest person that I know, and constantly keeps Aaron and I laughing. However he is also the most ornery person that I know and gets us equally frustrated. Waylon is definitely asserting his independence and refuses to do many of the things that we ask him to do if he is not in the "mood." His infant stimulation therapist was concerned about his lack of focus, but he did not qualify for occupational therapy and she now thinks his focus is improving. His teachers at daycare also say that he is much more focused eating and during circle time. He is apparently a pretty compliant child for everyone except mom and dad.

Waylon's speech has improved dramatically. He talks ALL the time, and we can usually understand what he is saying. I love being able to communicate with him, but I feel terrible when he is trying to tell me something and I have no idea what he is talking about. He will begin speech therapy next week (2/12) and I am hopeful that it will help his enunciation.

Waylon continues to go to daycare three days per week while I am on maternity leave. It makes me happy to see how much he enjoys school once he is there, and often does not want to leave. Every child is different, but going to school has made Waylon a much more relaxed, social child. I am very impressed to see how well he interacts with other kids, and he does not freak out when they steal his toys. I wish the school were closer, but its worth the drive to get him out and about and staying active.

Waylon was having a ball "drumming" on his play equipment with daddy and rocking out with the hula hoop
I love the mischevious look he gets when he knows he is doing something wrong. I think he is holding something he shouldn't have in this picture while we were trying to get him into the bath.
Waylon has definitely learned how to "mug" for the camera

Playing in the nursery, where he spends a lot of time while I feed Avalon
Although he is only turning two, Waylon sometimes dresses like an eighty-year-old man .
Waylon will not let us feed him at all, but one night he allowed Aaron to feed him mango with the "big fork." We are working on using utensils, but Waylon finishes most of his meals with his fingers.
NAKED BOY!!! Waylon's newest trick is taking off his pajamas and diaper when we put him to bed or down for a nap. I took this "edited" picture the other day after I left him in the crib too long after he woke up from his nap. He is so proud of himself when he successfully disrobes. At the advice of friends, we now duck tape his diaper before bedtime.

No comments: