Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Nana 911

My mom (aka Nana Patty) came to visit last week while Aaron was out of town. It was awesome having her here. It actually felt like I was on vacation. It was so relaxing to trade off the kids with her so that I only had to worry about one child at a time. I was sad to see her leave!


Poor Avalon doesn't have a single belonging that is all hers. I got out the Einstein mat for her, which is about the only toy that two month old can use. However, Waylon hijacked it and immediately began scootching all over the house, pretending it was some sort of vehicle. Ordinarily I would have stopped him, but my mom and I decided that I need to pick my battles so I let it slide, which meant avoiding his usual melt down when I take a toy away. He was entertained by the toy for quite awhile, but seems to be over it and no longer tries to play with the mat. I guess letting some things slide is necessary when you live with a toddler.
Waylon showed Nana what a great big brother he is by holding Avalon and being very sweet with lots of kisses and love.
This is the face Waylon now gives when you ask him to smile for the camera. Every time he makes it I almost pee myself laughing.
Nana Patty seemed to love sitting and rocking Avalon on her legs so that I could give Waylon more one-on-one attention.I stole this picture from my mom's blog. I love that they have similar expressions.
Waylon LOVES his kitchen/Barbecue center that Nana and Tom got him for Christmas. However, it just got set up a few weeks ago and has been a life saver for me since it keeps Waylon entertained for long periods of time.

Perhaps my favorite part about my mom's visit was that we built these shelves in Avalon's room. I have been dying to do this, but Aaron didn't think I could do it. I was very proud that my mom and I proved him wrong!

No comments: