Waylon turned 22-months on December 23, and we cannot believe how much his vocabulary is expanding. He tries to say a lot of words when we ask him to "say XXX," but he also independently will say words. He also started puting two words together in early December. His favorite statement is "no doggie" whenever the beagles are anywhere around him. Hmmmm I wonder where he got that? A lot of his words are not clear, but we usually know what he is saying, and we are having a lot of fun talking with him. My favorite is that he can now say "I love you" which absolutely melts my heart. This statement is usually joined with a big, slobbery kiss, which is totally sweet.
As for Waylon's new role as big brother, so far so good. Aaron took some time off work and since I am home all of the time, Waylon actually gets more attention these days than ever. I am trying not to freak out about Aaron returning to work, especially his overnight traveling. Waylon is an EXTREMELY active kid, and it will be tough to keep him entertained while also caring for Avalon. I guess this is a good time for us to teach Waylon to entertain himself a bit. He will also remain in daycare 3 days per week, which will make things a lot easier on me.

No comments:
Post a Comment