Sunday, January 06, 2008

Catching Up--Avalon

Avalon is now just over two-weeks old, and so far she is still an amazing sleeper and an overall very chill baby. She is still incredibly small. At her one week pediatrician appointment she weighed in at 5 pounds, 12 ounces (5th percentile) and was 19 1/4 inches (25th percentile). At two weeks she was up to 6 pounds, 1 ounce (4th percentile) and was 19 3/4 inches. She is so small it kind of freaks us out, but she is eating really well if her MANY diaper changes each day are any indication.

Having a second baby has definitely been different. Before she was born I could not believe that I could love another child as much as I love Waylon, but its absolutely true that your heart just seems to expand. In some ways it was even more powerful the second time because you realize what amazing and hilarious times are ahead, even when they are just sleeping, crying little beings. I am definitely trying to enjoy every minute of my time with Avalon, and also with Waylon. So far its been a lot of fun, except for the sleep deprivation. If you need to know anything that is going on in the world, give me a call. I am becoming quite the 2am CNN junkie.

I am trying to get a picture that will show how small she is, but until then here are some more pics...



No comments: