Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Easter 2011 in Mammoth


We headed up to Mammoth again this Easter.  The hardest part about visiting Nana and Tom in Mammoth is the distance.  It is a long way, and there is just no quick way to get there.  This year we tried leaving late at night and staying at a hotel part-way there.  Aaron thought it was a genius move, I disagree.  Further evidence that there is no easy way to get there.  Unfortunately, most of the snow was gone, but we still managed to have fun.  Aaron and I chose not to ski again this year so we focused on family fun in the mountains.  Unfortunately, Tom was at a rehab center recovering from major back surgery, but he promises to be back swinging next year for their annual trip to Bishop Country Club.  Luckily, the Easter Bunny found us all the way in the Sierra mountains.  Phew!
 Waylon climbs up the beloved rock.  This was the first year where he conquered it with no trouble.
 Avalon shows off the cool snow gear she got from Nana.

Sledding on the little bit of snow that was in the condo complex.

 Heading up the "Tinkerbell ride" (aka gondola) to check out Warming Hut 2.  I realize they call it something else now, but I am old school.

 Nana and her munchkins.

 It was warm enough for Avalon to insist on playing in the sandbox in her T-shirt (despite my mom and I shivering in our jackets while we watched).

 Nana and Avalon doing some drawing.

 Aaron tries to stay awake while entertaining the kids with his phone.

 EASTER MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!






 The Easter Bunny is so smart.  S/he knew that Avalon loves Star Wars, and brought her a Princess Leia figure.


No comments: