Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Carlsbad Flower Fields

I have always heard about the Carlsbad Flower Fields as an outing, but had never been.  The Donoghues invited us to tag along on their trip this Spring, and I am so happy that we went.  It is absolutely beautiful--although EXTREMELY busy.  There was just enough kid activities to keep them entertained for awhile, although the flowers themselves were not much of a draw.  

 Waylon in the playhouse.  The Flower Fields purchased all of these amazing playhouses and structures from the old Santa's Village when it closed.  So cool!

 Our little monkey Avalon LOVES to hang.  She thinks she can do it by herself (until she fell and banged her head).  Miss "I do it myself" is going to drive me insane very, very soon.  

 Madeline was nice enough to get a photo of the kids and I in one play structure.  I was in there because Avalon got stuck in the rafters and I had to rescue her.  True story.

 Aaron models amid the floral splendor.  It was hilarious to see all of the people there for photo shoots.

 The kids in the flower maze.  It was sort of like the movie "the Shining," but prettier.

 John's turn to model.

 John was great with the kids.  They loved chasing him through the maze.

 Madeline and John--the Christmas card shot.

 Our whole gang on board the tractor tour of the fields.



No comments: