While I love my children a lot and am in awe of them quite often, I do not usually get wheepy about things. That changed at Waylon's first Christmas pageant. I was not prepared for the tears that came when I watched my baby walk out with his class to sing holiday songs. It just seemed so grown-up, I was totally overcome with emotion. It was a very cute performance, which included twenty almost-four-year-olds watching their teacher, Mr. Mark, and the music man (on guitar), attempting to follow their lead. It was absolutely adorable, and afterward they got a visit with Santa!
I had to include this picture of Aaron with Scott Larson as they both tried to juggle their little girls (Ivy and Avalon).
Everyone knows that the best way to warm up your vocal cords is with cookies..and corn dogs. I am not joking, Waylon had cookies and mini corn dogs before his big production.

Waylon and one of his best buddies, Sydney.

You can see Waylon in the rear, smiling when he saw us in the crowd.
Bubba is sitting down in the front row in the red sweater. Ready to begin...
Waylon is a spinning snowflake.
Important preschool skills, clapping and stomping. (They were "stomping us a Merry Christmas, and a happy new year!")
An attempt at a family photo. Apparently the guy behind Avalon's head is eager to be in on our photo op.
The big surprise was not that Avalon cried and screamed on Santa's lap, but rather that Waylon did not.
All smiles after baby sister was gone.

Telling Santa he wants a boat for Christmas. I hope he means one for the bathtub...not for the ocean.
Avalon was up way past her bedtime and was running on sugar.
Waylon's new favorite look when the camera comes out.
No comments:
Post a Comment