Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Halloween 2009--Peter Pan & Tinkerbell

The grandaddy of all holidays was quite an event at the Davis household. For months I planted the seed for Waylon to "choose" to be Peter Pan, and he also "chose" for Avalon to dress up as Tinkerbell. WAAAAHAAAAHAAAA (***wicked laugh***)...I got my way and the kids were the cutest Peter Pan and Tinkerbell I could have ever imagined.

Waylon refused to try on any portion of his costume until the actual holiday, but I convinced him to dress up the day before (Friday) for school. Avalon also had a trial run in her costume to make sure it worked. All was well and we were ready for Halloween! Unfortunately, Aaron was traveling for work (I know, some of you are assuming he was hiding from my Halloween insanity...and you may be right), but Nana Patty and Aunt Tina were in town to celebrate.

THE DRESS REHEARSAL
Waylon trying on his costume. Note the red feather, which only lasted 2 minutes after this photo before it was ripped off.
He was so excited about his sword (handmade by mommy!).
How cute is she????!!!!! Avalon was so excited to try on her costume.

NEIGHBORHOOD HALLOWEEN PARTY

The big day arrived, and Grandpa Ed joined the fun as we headed over to a neighborhood party hosted by Rachel and Chloe. Unfortunately, as we walked towards the party the bounce house accidentally lost power and deflated. Remember my previous post about Waylon's fear of bounce houses? Lets just say that fear is pretty much unconquerable these days. It was pretty scary, but all of the kids involved were fine and quickly went back to bouncing.
My favorite day of the year!

Waylon and Chloe...another Tinkerbell! There were 3 Tinkerbells and 2 Peter Pans on our street.
Waylon, Avalon, and Chloe broke away from the party to attack the inflatable pumpkins in our yard.
We took a break from the party to rejuvenate.
Refreshed and ready to hit the party scene again.

Avalon is definitely NOT afraid of bounce houses, and is also not afraid of the big kids inside. Also, its worth expanding this picture to see the front of her dress. Classic.

A graceful exit from the bounce house.

TRICK OR TREATING
Our first trick or treating stop was at Chloe's.
Both kids LOVED trick or treating. Waylon, who is usually very shy, was good at speaking up when he called out "trick or treat," and Avalon yelled something close to "TickerTeet" while grabbing candy.
She loved showing off her candy!
Aunt Tina and I wrangle the kids while Ed was the primary photographer, and Nana stayed home to pass out candy (which is what she did when I was a kid).
More houses...
And a few more...
Back home for our final trick-or-treat stop, with Nana!
Inspecting the spoils.
After a day of total indulgence, why not top it off with a cupcake? Actually, the kids did not eat much candy. They thought it was more fun to play with and sort it.
Grandpa Ed with one exhausted Tinkerbell. I cant wait until next year!!!

No comments: