Saturday, November 07, 2009

My 35th at the Happiest Place On Earth

I have been looking forward to my birthday for months. Not because I am excited to get another year older (although I am too tired to care very much one way or the other), but because I was going to Disneyland! You get in free on your birthday, which means that you save $72 so that you can go in and blow ten-times that amount on food, souvenirs, and other Mickey Mouse "must haves." It was an awesome day, and definitely one of the best birthdays I've ever had. The best part was that since it was my day, everyone had to do what I wanted--even my anti-amusement park husband.

We started our day at the Storytellers Cafe where you have breakfast with the characters. We were here 1.5 years ago and Waylon was terrified of the characters, but this time he loved it.
While big brother loved the fluffy characters walking around, dancing, and waving, Avalon hated it. She would not eat because she was constantly looking around for characters that might try to "pounce" on her.

I was so happy to be at Disneyland on MY DAY!
Love this photo. Aaron pushing the double stroller while taking a work call on his blackberry.
Its always a great day at Disneyland! Actually it was hot, humid, and incredibly crowded, but I loved it anyway.
Avalon LOVED her first ride, which was on Dumbo. She kept doing sign language for "more" when it ended and saying, "moh moh!" She cried and screamed when I had to drag her off.
Waylon also loved Dumbo, but was a much better sport when the ride ended.



When we asked Waylon at the end of the day what his favorite ride was, he said the carousel. What a "bargain"--no line and lots of fun. For the record, his least favorite ride was Peter Pan. After waiting 30 minutes ( a lifetime in toddler world), it was dark and scary.
Since my kids love boats, they spent a lot of time in Toon Town crawling around Donald Duck's boat. Here is Avalon in the port hole.
Toon Town was heaven for two kids that love to climb on everything.
Aaron and I enjoyed our favorite past time--dragging unwilling children into photos with characters. You can almost see Avalon having an Easter Bunny PTSD flashback.
I was so excited to take the kids on Its a Small World. My dad always told me that I loved this ride when I was little and made them go on again and again. I couldn't tell if the kids loved it, or they were terrified of the singing dolls. Lets just say that they did not ask to ride on it again.
It IS a small world...after all.
The tea cup ride was fun once Waylon allowed us to spin the wheel and make it go fast.
Enjoying a ride down Main Street in the old fashioned trolley.

We headed over to Tom Sawyer's Island, but now its got a Pirate of the Carribean theme. The kids were too young to enjoy running through the smelly caves on the island, but I still had fun.
I think Waylon prefers goldfish crackers as pirate treasure rather than fake gold coins. He seemed a bit disappointed.
Our last ride--the Jungle Cruise. We were on a boat so of course the kids enjoyed it. Do we look like we were melting? We were.

Its too cute to watch the kids take it all in when the "natives" and animals attacked our safari boat.

1 comment:

lmg said...

Lookin' super skinny and hot Anna! Happy Birthday! xox, Lori