Sunday, May 10, 2009

Weekend Morning Hijinx

Here are a few photos of the kids on a recent weekend morning while daddy was away.

A rare moment when Waylon would actually look at the camera and smile. A not-so-rare moment, Waylon in PJ's.
Avalon got a hand-me-down helmet from Chloe, and she LOVES it. She will bang her head and point to the closet where its kept, meaning she wants her helmet on NOW. Its too big and often covers her eyes, but she still loves wearing it.
Waylon also wanted his helmet on, then turned into a catcher's helmet for a game of pretend baseball.
Catching a pretend baseball!
Have I mentioned Avalon's passion for PJ's as well. She doesn't care as much about wearing them--she just loves to carry them around. She often will bring her own PJ's or some of Waylon's with her in the morning and carries them around for awhile. The other day she drove the entire way to school cuddling with her own PJ's for the entire 20 minute ride.
Safety boy gets ready for a nap. I dont know if I have ever posted a photo of Waylon's crib tent. We call it the Rocket Ship. When Aaron is out of town and I am trying to get both kids down, I put Waylon in the rocket ship with "One million toys" (the number is pursuant to his request--I have no idea where he heard one million). I know he needs to move to a toddler bed, but I am just not ready to get rid of the last place I can safely "store" him while I deal with baby sister.

See?! He doesn't seem to mind chilling in the rocket ship. I promise that he can get out of the rocket ship by the time he gets to high school.

No comments: