I am totally obsessed with having photos of my children with the Easter Bunny each year. After Waylon got his first photo at about two-months-old, I was hooked. I insist on going back to the same Bunny at the same mall. This year was Round Four of mommy's bunny-mania. Due to several bouts with illness, we never made it to the mall during the weeks leading up to Easter. That left only Friday evening before Easter to get the photos done. I dragged both kids and my mall/crowd noise-hating husband to the Mission Viejo mall for a 90 minute (yes, I said 90 minute) wait to see a huge White bunny. We took turns taking the kids to the play area and of course plied them with snacks, but we all survived. I am not saying that nobody will need a little extra therapy due to the experience, but by all accounts we made it out with all body parts in tact.


Although she is not real steady on her feet, Avalon ferociously attacked the kids' play area. It was very sweet because I remember being at the same play area post-Easter photo with Waylon when he was just learning to walk. (sniff, sniff, my babies are growing up so fast).

Waylon does a good job watching out for his baby sister...

...when he is not tackling her.


Did I mention that it seems like only yesterday when Waylon was toddling around. Now he literally races around the play area, hollering out for me to follow.

After we wore out the play area, we returned to the coloring area to await our moment with the Bunny.

HUGE kudos to my extremely tolerant husband. He definitely tried to make the most of our evening at the mall.

Waylon didn't mind waiting once he had Wetzels Pretzels in hand.

Avalon showed off her walking to everyone in line.
Almost time to meet everyone's favorite bunny...After 90 minutes of waiting, what could possibly go wrong?
No comments:
Post a Comment