During a drive home from Carlsbad, Waylon saw the train track and I (stupidly) asked if he wanted to take a train ride to San Diego. I under estimated a toddler's ability to catch every little thing you say. The next thing we know, Aaron and I were trying to figure out how we could take a train to San Diego. However, we realized Waylon had no idea where San Diego is so we opted for the much closer ride to San Juan Capistrano (only 1 train stop away). On Sunday, July 6, Waylon and daddy took a train ride to "San Diego" and Avalon and I met them there for dinner. Waylon loved it, and we are trying to figure out how to do a longer trip with the whole family, which is not an easy task when Avalon takes 3 naps a day and is still nursing.

Waylon was very excited while waiting at the San Clemente train station.

I think the other people waiting for the train thought we were insane as we madly snapped family photos the entire time we waited for the train.

HERE IT IS!!!! Waylon was so excited and happy when the train arrived.

I cant believe I'm on a train! (Good photo by daddy!)

Dinner at the restaurant next to the depot in San Juan Capistrano (aka San Diego) can be fun, but also very noisy.
Avalon was not as excited for the train/depot situation
1 comment:
If you ever DO make it "all the way" to San Diego, make sure you take Waylon on the tour of the USS Midway in the harbor. It's filled with all sorts of naval and aeronautical stuff and is really fascinating, especially for boys.
They have a lot of fighter planes and helicopters and other things that he can go on. Emma really enjoyed it when she was around 5.
You and Avalon can hang out in the harbor gift shops and eat ice cream (Lilia and Laurie's choice of activity).
Post a Comment