Saturday, May 24, 2008

Jack & Will's Baptism

Aaron and I were honored to be asked by our friends, Stan & Holiday, to be godparents to one of their twin boys, Will. We packed up the family and flew to Denver for the Christening the first weekend in May. None of our trips since Avalon was born have been very relaxing, until our visit with the Goodreaus. It was a treat to spend two days in a super kid-friendly house, which has more toys than Disneyland! Waylon was always entertained, and since we never left the house I didn't have to worry about timing Avalon's feedings or naps. It was awesome catching up with Stan and Holiday, and spending time with our beautiful godson, Will, his brother Jack, and big sister, Olivia. Being in a house with five kids was pure comedy! Holiday has an amazing system with the twins, who were absolute angels. I was impressed--I have no idea how she could juggle it all. It was a great visit, and gave us hope that family vacations can be fun.

Waylon was great on the flights, thanks to our bestest friend ever, Mr. DVD player.
The whole crew: Jack's god parents with their three kids, the Goodreaus, and the Davis family. We definitely made an impression in church that day!
Stan, Hol, and the kids settle in at church before the ceremony.
Our first "dressy" family photos.
Sorry for the "double entry" of Davis family photos, but I have to hilight the fact that all four of us are dressed up, looking at the camera, and neither child is screaming.
Jack (left) and Will were adorable together. They held hands while laying next to each other, and seemed to be real comforts to one another. It was fascinating to see twins interact at this age.
Waylon showed off his skill of "licking the guacamole bowl" at dinner. We are clearly beaming with pride.
Dads and their daughters. What a difference a few years makes!
Waylon enjoyed tickling his god brother.

Avalon and Will dont seem to know how they feel about being god siblings. I had hoped to get an "all kids" photo, but they were never all awake at the same time.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I didn't know they had twin boys! How cool. Congrats God Parents!