Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas 2007

We came home from the hospital with Avalon on December 23rd so Christmas was a bit of a blur this year. Unfortunately, I was so busy laughing at Waylon's reactions to his gifts that I forgot to take many photos. There were so many gifts and Waylon was having so much fun with everything that we stopped the gift opening early and have been spreading it out with a gift or two each day. After a three days, Waylon has finally grasped that all of the wrapped gifts under the tree have toys for him. He has definitely embraced the commercial spirit of Christmas.

Overall, Christmas was a nice day with my mom (Nana Patty), her husband (Tom), and Aaron's parents (Grandma Josephine & Grandpa Ed). Aaron and I spent a lot of time being grateful for everything we have this holiday, especially two healthy babies.

Waylon and Aaron pose on their way out to attend Christmas Eve services. At three days old, Avalon was not quite ready to attend this year.

Waylon loved his new tricycle from Nana Patty, and worked hard to get Grandpa Ed, Tom, and Aaron to push him around the backyard Christmas morning.

Grandma Josephine held Avalon while Grandpa Ed and everyone else "helped" Waylon with gifts.

I knew he would love the tricycle, but I was shocked that Waylon loved the accompanying helmet so much. He didn't want to take it off.

Modeling the latest in toddler chic.

Waylon also loved his first remote control car from Grandpa Ed. He figured out how to make it go, but then he got some extra exercise by chasing the car around as he made it drive around.

Grandma Josephine enjoys some "girly" time with her grandaughter.

Christmas continued on the 26th when Waylon got some boxes in the mail, including one filled with styrofoam peanuts. Aaron and I made a HUGE parenting mistake by allowing him to play with the "snow." Lets just say that the clean up has been a several day process.

SNOW!!!! Good thing Waylon got a caterpillar truck from Aunt Evelyn to help him clean up the mess.

Waylon comes at me with a "snowball"

No comments: