Monday, April 09, 2007

Visiting the Easter Bunny (and the other fun stuff at the mall)

On Friday 4/6 Waylon and I hustled over to the Mission Viejo mall for one of our last chances to meet the Easter Bunny. After the photo shoot (aka scream-fest), Waylon had some fun burning off energy at the play area.



The Easter Bunny
Waylon was a trooper for about 35 of our 45 minute wait for the Easter Bunny. However, once I released him from his stroller, it was on. He was showing off his walking skills, which have really improved in the last week.

I was hoping that Waylon wouldn't really notice the Easter Bunny and would think of it as some large stuffed animal...no such luck. Here he is starting to get upset.

Here is the full meltdown. Hint: double click on the picture to see his priceless expression.
What a Difference a Year Makes
Same bunny with a much smaller (and less pissed off) child.
The Play Area
(Much more fun than a scary bunny)
Waylon loved cruising around the playarea, which didn't have the pesky sand that prevents him from walking at our neighborhood playground.

There were lots of other kids for Waylon to stare at and follow around, and I was impressed how sweet the older kids were with him.

Waylon channels Maverick

Kickin' back and enjoying his bunny-free time at the mall

This kid is officially a walker. He walked about 95% of the time we were at the mall.

The joy of plexiglass

Waylon's efforts to go up the slide were not appreciated by the other children.


Waylon loved playing with these blocks and the spinner. I didn't get a picture, but there was a cute little girl that stood over him most of the time and kept petting his head.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That looks like soooo much FUN! Waylon looks so handsome in his Easter outfit too!