Waylon's birthday was Friday, February 23rd. Yes, our little guy is one! The big celebration was Sunday with about 40 of our friends and family. It was a fun party, and Waylon really rose to the occassion. I was sure he was going to cry when he was surrounded by so many people or have a tantrum whenever mommy and daddy were out of sight, but he seemed to enjoy all of the hulaballoo. He was distinctly underwhelmed by the birthday cake experience, sitting their stone-faced eating like a machine. I was just happy that he had only minimal spazz-out effects from all of the sugar. Sadly, we had some camera difficulties and did not get many photos, however you can check out additional pictures at my cousin's blog:
www.dougmiranda.com/blog (that's where I stole the cake eating pics below).
It was really special to have so many people travel quite a ways to celebrate Aaron and I making it through our first year as parents (still no calls to 9-1-1!). Thanks you to everyone that made the trip--we really appreciate your support for Waylon's birthday, and throughout the past year!

Emma (6 years) shows Samuel and Waylon how to dig into the ice in the drink tub

DJ Holden spins some tunes

Digging in...

Waylon appears to realize that these aren't his usual organic green beans

Checking out out everyone staring while packed into our small kitchen (did I mention that it started raining just before cake time?).
No comments:
Post a Comment