Monday, December 25, 2006

TEN MONTHS OLD

OK, so this photo is actually from when Waylon was 9-months-old, but it was such a cute picture from my cousin Doug (see post below), that I just had to share. Waylon turned ten-months on Saturday (12/23). He is "high crawling" almost all of the time now, and pulls up on absolutely everything. He has actually taken a few steps while holding on to various walker objects, however, he quickly sits down and starts playing--he definitely isn't in a hurry to start walking (thank goodness!). Waylon has also found his voice and is babbling a lot ("mah mah" and "bah bah" are his favorites). I am relieved because for awhile there I was sure he was going to be the strong, silent kid overwhelmed by his overly-chatty parents. Waylon loves his beagle sisters, and especially enjoys grabbing them and trying to eat their ears. They dont enjoy his "attention" but are willing to tolerate it in hopes that Aaron or I will give them a treat

Waylon now has 8 teeth (!!!) with another on the way. He has been eating table foods for a month, and we've learned that he prefers more flavorful foods such as chicken pulled out of a taco from our favorite restaurant rather than the bland chicken and turkey we've been making at home. Waylon shares his daddy's hollow-leg, and can eat a lot for a little guy. He seems to be right on target developmentally (although I must admit we have no point of comparison). He is having increased stranger anxiety, but Aaron seems to secretly enjoy that he and I are the only ones that can console him when he gets upset. Waylon is usually so squirmy that the only time he will hug us and cuddle is when he is upset. We'll take what we can get!

No comments: