What is it about holiday performances? Every time my kids get up in a group with their class and sing some songs I cry like a baby. I am not a crier, but pageants kill me. I love them, but they are such a stark reminder that my kids are getting older. Seeing Waylon with his kindergarten class was crazy. He is such a big boy--literally and figuratively. He appears to be one of the 3 biggest kids in all of kindergarten. This means he was in the back---allllll the way in the back. It suits him fine, but makes me crazy as I try to snap photos to capture the moment.
Bubba arrives! Lukckily I got photos just as he lined up--before the other kids stood in front of him with their cute little antlers blocking him.
He was excited when they were all arriving. Note that he does NOT have a red reindeer nose. He has never had face paint on. Ever. Apparently a red dot counts, and according to his teacher, Sra. Noguez, he almost cried when she got near him with the red face paint. I guess he is not so old after all.
Love that excited, toothless smile!!!
Lots of hand movements. I love this photo because Waylon was actually singing. That was not true the whole time.
Hands up in the rear!
A photo with Sra. Noguez, who just returned from maternity leave on December 1st. We LOVE her, and are thrilled that she has a tighter reign on the class, which is what Waylon needs.
All done after the show, and ready for some post singing punch and cookies!
Waylon and Diego.
Tatum and Waylon.
Antler boy. Good job, Waylon. I was so proud of you (even when you were bored and looking around during the performance). xoxo





No comments:
Post a Comment