Aaron is in shock that he is bringing his two kids back to the site of so many wild times during many boys trips to Tahoe.
Avalon loved cruising at Sam's.
Tom got some quality time with Avalon, who loved her very high vantage point in his arms.
Tom quickly figured out that Avalon loves hanging upside down.
A ping pong ball vending machine...genius!
Family photo on Sunday before the noon wedding.
Doug, the handsome groom, and my brother, Fritz
Avalon literally bee-lined for her only cousin, Alia, whom she had never met. She was so excited to see another baby.
Time for girl chat.
Avalon immediately went in for the hug.
They looked so cute together. I dont think they understood why all of the adults were oohing and aahing all around them.
I know I am mean, but I jumped on the opportunity to dress them up as twins.
As soon as Waylon walked up and saw Avalon and Alia, he grabbed his baby sister away. He was obviously very jealous.
Aaron tries to juggle two kids while we meet and greet with family.
I love this photo. I cant imagine why we dont take both kids to every wedding we attend. Note the appendage to Aaron's leg.
Nana Patty and Tom (he cleans up nicely).
Uncle Fritz helped out by chasing Avalon all over. She was a woman on the move that day.
Its too much fun playing dress up with a real human!
The wedding was absolutely perfect at the Edgewood Country Club. Doug and Christine thought of every detail--down to the gorgeous linens, chair covers, and bows. However, they did not foresee that Waylon and Avalon would attempt to untie all of the bows before the reception even started.
Fritz and I (we also clean up pretty well).
I usually take tons of photos of the bride and groom, but since I was juggling two kids and I knew the photographer, Tim, would take amazing photos, I only took a few. Here is Doug on the way down the aisle. He was clearly the happiest (and luckiest) guy in the world that day.
This photo does not do it justice, but Christine's dress was stunning, and she was definitely glowing. We are sooooooooo excited to have her join our family, and thrilled that they tied the knot before she realized the craziness she has married into. Just kidding...sort of.
The ceremony was beautiful (note the candles down the aisle--very chic). You cannot tell here, but through the window behind them was the most amazing view of the snow capped mountains. It was gorgeous!
Nana and Avalon got some bonding time before Avalon was off and running again.
I am pretty sure that I was holding up veggie puffs in order to elicit this smile (from Avalon--not from Nana).
I did get one very distant shot of the bride and groom during their post-ceremony photos.
"The Great" Aunt Tina was the happiest, proudest mother-of-the-groom that I have ever seen.
Thanks to the magic of the portable DVD player, Waylon was an angel most of the day.
Tina helped us keep Avalon entertained, which was a full time job.
Avalon LOVED all of the clapping that is expected at weddings.
Tina and Doug during the mother/son dance. Again, I apologize for not getting more photos of the bride and groom, but you can see more photos here.Daddy really relaxes after the long day.




3 comments:
Oh my gosh all the photos are so great!! I'm going to have show Christine what the kids did to her bows;-) It was so much fun having the Davis clan come to our wedding!!!!
The pictures and comments are priceless and I chuckled all the way through!!! Thanks for posting such great pictures of the wedding and I'm so glad you guys were there to add to the fun!!!
Love,
"The Great" Aunt Tina
Post a Comment