Monday, September 03, 2007

Mommy & Daddy's Big Weekend Away

I've always loved weddings, but now they are extra fun since they seem to be our only excuse to get away for some serious adult fun. In mid-August we had the ultimate mommy and daddy weekend when we went to Calistoga in the Napa Valley for Ben and Melodie's wedding. Grandma Josephine and Grandpa Ed took care of Waylon for 4 days and 3 nights while we had adult time. It was an AMAZING weekend, and extra special for us since Aaron was in the wedding. I cant begin to describe all of the phenomenonal weekend events here, but it was definitely one for the record books. The best part was that the bride and groom seemed to be having a blast the whole weekend, which always makes it fun. Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Rubin!

Ben and Melodie head down the aisle after a beautiful morning ceremony on a private estate. It was a gorgeous setting and their vows were hilarious.
Me and my favorite groomsman. As much as I love attending weddings, I am always glad not to be the one stressing about all of the little details.
Their first dance, during the post-wedding brunch.
Between the morning wedding and the evening festivities, Aaron and I got the chance to sneak away in the bride and groom's getaway car. It was a beautiful old Packard and the driver was a hoot. He took us all over the backroads of Napa while we ate BBQ and he told us crazy stories about celebrities he's had in the car.

Aaron and I pose in our blacktie attire in front of the castle where the ball was held. Yes, a castle! I'm telling you, this wedding was off the hook!

No comments: