I've been joking that Waylon's cuteness is climbing a mountain and soon we will be at the top and come crashing down the other side into the terrible twos. We have seen a few glimmers of tantrums lately, confirming my theory. However, he was getting lots of teeth (he now has 12 regular teeth plus 4 molars) so that may also explain some of his not-so-cute moments. He stopped sleeping through the night, probably due to teething, prompting Mommy & Daddy to get a mini-fridge for upstairs so we will always have fresh milk ready for the 2 a.m. wakeups. We can no longer let him cry himself back to sleep because he gets really upset and throws everything out of the crib, including his lovey, which makes him even madder. Thus, he wont settle down until we come in and give him fresh milk, change his diaper (which is usually the cause of the wake-up) and put all pacifiers and his lovey back in the crib.
As I've posted lots of times, Waylon makes up for his lack of speaking with some serious physical skills. The kid has moves and is very coordinated for a toddler. He can walk/run all over with few incidents unless he's tired. When he does trip he can "save" himself easily. His favorite thing is still playing baseball in the backyard with his T-ball set. I cant get over how long that toy has kept his attention. He sometimes hits the ball so far that it shocks Aaron and I, but he also misses the T entirely sometimes. He definitely has the Strasburg/Thomas athleticism, and even loves to watch all sports on TV. I think we have a little all-star (or at least Most Dedicated Player) in our midst.
Waylon is often laughing and smiling these days, but for some reason its hard to capture pictures of these times
Waylon seems to be a great thinker, but not a great speaker





No comments:
Post a Comment