Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Paging Social Services

Rather than working on his verbal skills, Waylon seems to spend all of his time testing gravity. For the past six weeks he has had some major bruise, gash, or bloody lip at any given time. Daycare actually called one day to ask about his lip. I cant believe I used to represent kids in foster care, and now that is where my son is headed if he doesn't slow down. I knew toddlers could look beat up, but this is getting ridiculous.

To add to the drama, Waylon got bitten on Friday at school and had teeth marks on his wrist for the rest of the day. Not to be outdone, he has now decided to "bite back" and got two kids so far this week. I am mortified.

Here is a cute "before" shot prior to Waylon's first (of many) bloody lip. He was so cute sitting down, playing in the box.
Then he decided to stand up. Still cute, until he reached out and only the top part of his body moved forward.
Here is a close-up shot a few hours later (after my heart started beating again and I stopped beating myself up for photographing my child while he injured himself). You can see how huge his lip got. This is what got us a call from daycare.

Here is a good shot of several of Waylon's injuries. Luckily, none of these were on mommy's watch. The mark under the eye was during daddy time, and the cheek happened at daycare.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is eye-opening, isn't it?

Emma is still so constantly bruised, she looks like someone has continually banged on her legs with a yardstick; luckily it all happens at school and they can't question us.

Tina said...

Well, we definitely know that he has Thomas blood in him. Reminds me of Uncle Dave! I just have to smile and laugh everytime I see pictures of him!!! He's a fantastic kid and you're so lucky!!!
Love and hugs,
The Great Aunt Tina

Jenn said...

Yep, like Nancy said. Holden is constantly bruised too. I remember Amanda being like that too when she was little. I guess it's just part of childhood.

I do have to say though, Waylon still has that sweet little face even when it's a little banged up.