In early July we headed to Catalina for three days. It was the first of many trips, which has made my summer feel like an endless cycle of packing for trips and laundry afterwards. As always, the kids had a blast. We even tried a trip to Avalon in our new Whaler. It was all right, but way too quick since we basically had breakfast and then came right back to avoid big waves. Avalon fell asleep in my arms on the way back--something that has not happened in a very long time.
Waylon loves TV. Its disturbing how long he can be mesmerized by the DVD player. However, its helplful during long car rides and channel crossings.

Avalon is much less enamored with the DVD, and instead was playing with tickets and any other toys she found in her Princess back pack. I also have resorted to bringing lots of new toys from the $.99 Store for these occasions. Not good for the environment or the Federal Trade deficit with China, but good for a few minutes of entertainment.
Aaron and I enjoyed a cocktail at the outside bar while the kids went crazy on the dance floor. It was awesome.
Are they both doing the caterpillar? I love that Waylon kept his PFD on to protect him on the dance floor.

Arrrggghhh. A quick photo op in Avalon. It was tough explaining to Avalon that we were visiting Avalon.
Proof: We made it to the big city. This was Avalon's first trip to her namesake city. Note the Casino in the background.
Cookie decorating with other FJYC kids!


More fun with disturbingly cheap toys.

Did I mention it was pretty cold, and we all had long sleeves and jackets the whole time? California has been slow to realize its summer.
Spongehead Bob pinata! (Avalon calls it 'nata)

Waylon loves, loves, loves Catalina and FJYC. He is so happy and at home on the island. I think it has something to do with boats, no naps, and lots of kid-friendly food (like pinata candy).

My boys.
1 comment:
SOOOOOO flipping cute!!!! What a great mom you are!!!!! What a great way to share with your friends and save for your kiddos! I love it! (You'll have to show me how to do this one day. . .over wine of course!) TTYL! - Haley
Post a Comment